We, the Associates of AimLoan believe that successful companies are built on solid foundations of ethical business practices. We are committed to conducting business in accordance with the highest ethical standards in order to merit the trust of our customers, vendors, loan investors, regulators, the general public and our fellow Associates.
This Code of Ethics highlights certain rules of behavior. Even though a matter may not be specifically discussed in this Code, we are committed to following all laws and regulations and to behaving in an honest and ethical manner at all times.
- All private confidential customer and company information shall be handled with the strictest of care in full compliance with the Information Security Agreement signed by each Associate.
- Any conduct that could create a conflict of interest between our private interests and the interests of the company, or even the appearance of a conflict of interest, shall be avoided.
- We shall not solicit or accept gifts from any customer, service provider, acquaintance or other Associate as such gifts may unduly influence our objectivity. The only exception to this is unsolicited, non-cash gifts with a cumulative value of less than $100 per year, such as those received at holiday time as an expression of friendship.
- We shall not enter into any other real estate or mortgage-related employment relationships during our employment with AimLoan. If an Associate is a licensed real estate agent or broker, the Associate shall register their license with AimLoan.
- We shall not refer customers to any specific provider of professional services (such as attorneys, accountants, insurance agents, real estate agents or alternative lenders) as this poses liability to our company and can lead to unethical business practices. Parties may be referred to a general industry group, with a comment such as "you might try calling a bank."
Under no circumstances shall we ever accept a referral fee, defined as anything of any value, as this would be a violation of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA).
- Related party transactions shall always be reassigned to a non-related Associate, including transactions where the customer is a relative of ours or we have an ownership interest in the subject property.
- When taking a loan application, we shall always obtain complete and accurate information. We shall never make any false statements or misrepresentations regarding a loan application nor lead a borrower to make any false statements or misrepresentations.
- We shall always strictly adhere to all laws and regulations governing the real estate mortgage industry.
- We shall treat others with respect and dignity, including our borrowers, service providers and fellow Associates, and refrain from using profane language in the course of doing business.
We, the Associates of AimLoan, are committed to abiding by this Code of Ethics, using good judgment and high ethical standards, and refraining from any illegal, dishonest or unethical conduct.